Urban Homeschoolers and Blue Ridge Academy charter schools have partnered to offer a specialized learning program that can be tailored to fit your child’s needs.
- Registration fees, materials fees and classes at Urban Homeschoolers
- A comprehensive online curriculum that adheres to California grade-level standards in math, science, social studies and English language arts
- Two online subscriptions to educational websites from Blue Ridge’s Online Subscription Package
- A credentialed teacher onsite at UHS 1x/week who will help to facilitate charter requirements and support your student in their best learning year ever
- Weekly newsletter from your Inspire credentialed teacher
- State-mandated testing in-house at UHS during the spring semester
The Vendor Package Program is for students in grades K thru 8 and provides the following number of classes based upon your student’s age:
- 7-11 year olds 6 classes
- 12+ 5 classes
Note: The following classes are counted differently than other classes. When calculating the number of classes your student can take in this program, be sure to consider these counts.
- Tuesday’s with Mr Guest – 4 classes
- Monday and Fridays with Mr. Guest – 3 classes
- Thursday’s with Miss Kirsten – 2 classes
- Rock Band – 2 classes
- Bio and Chem lab classes are not included in the preferred vendor package.
Blue Ridge Academy is a free, virtual, public charter school. You must enroll your student directly with Blue Ridge Academy and provide the records, forms and waivers required by a public charter school in the state of California. Annual state testing is administered at UHS.
When enrolling with Inspire you need an Enrollment Certificate that lets Blue Ridge Academy’s team know that your student is enrolling in the Urban Homeschooler Vendor Package Program. When uploading your student’s birth certificate and other supporting documents, there will also be an opportunity to upload the Enrollment Certificate. (Please fill in Debby Berman on the form where it asks for your teacher.) Failure to include this form in your enrollment process may slow things down.
You must register with Blue Ridge Academy AND Urban Homeschoolers to complete your child’s registration. Your child will not be enrolled in classes at UHS if you do not complete the UHS registration. Please select Blue Ridge Academy Vendor Package Program as membership type on your student’s registration form. If your child has already been a student at UHS they will already be in the system. Once you have completed your student’s Blue Ridge Academy registration you can register for classes using your existing account. Please be sure to update your student’s account to reflect your student’s enrollment in the Blue Ridge Academy Vendor Package Program.
If you have any questions regarding registering with Blue Ridge Academy, please go directly to their website or email our Blue Ridge Academy Specialty Teacher, Debby Berman, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding registering for classes at UHS please email us at email@example.com.